Download the old version of iMovie?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by smokyjoewood12, May 24, 2010.

1. smokyjoewood12 macrumors newbie

Just got a new MacBook Pro and I've been searching through countless threads to find a link to download the old version of iMovie. You know the one before it sucked. Help me out?

2. jackerin macrumors 6502a

I don't know the forum policy is on posting direct links, but it's pretty easy to find if you know what to look for.

3. smokyjoewood12 thread starter macrumors newbie

tried every single one on the first page of google you posted. None of them worked, either said I needed iLife '08 (which severely pissed me off since I actually bought '09) or that I needed the previous version of iMovie, since it was just an update, or that I already had a newer version of iMovie, so I couldn't download it.
    After all of those attempts I got fed up.

Anyone have a direct download to the application?

4. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

If you have the iMovie 6 download that Apple had online for a while after 08 came out, it required you have 08 installed to work. However, its pretty easy to get past that if you know how to "show package contents" and bypass it's little check for another install. I did this on our iMac G4 a few weeks back.

5. atticus27 macrumors regular

atticus27

I just looked on a torrent site and they had it you could get it off their