Download to Folders BY DATE in Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ScKaSx, Mar 28, 2008.

1. ScKaSx macrumors regular

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone knows of a FREE way to have Safari download files to folders by date in the directory /John/Downloads. I know Saft would do this brilliantly, but since I'm cheap I prefer not to buy that.

Curiously, Safari has always done this for me by default. I changed the location of downloads to /John/Downloads and as long as I remember it has separated downloads in folders by date. However, I recently was working on a friends computer and noticed that on his it would dump all the files into Downloads as opposed to folders by date.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Cheers,
    ScKaSx

2. iPoodOverZune macrumors regular

iPoodOverZune

Dated subfolders in Safari download

Hey even I seem to have forgotten how to set these dated folders. Actually, I have the download folder with dated sub-folder. Now on this computer, I installed leopard and updated and does not seem to have the dated folder thing. I don't seem to remember if I downloaded any application to manage this or if it is a feature of Safari now.

Can somebody illuminate me on this?

3. millca macrumors newbie

Does anyone know which app creates dated download folders?

I have this same question. I had to replace my HD and now my iMac no longer makes dated folders within my Downloads folder. I really want this functionality back. I thought it was a feature of Default Folder X but it isn't.

Please help. I've Googled it but still haven't found it -- but I did find this forum.

Thanks!
    Christi

4. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

Not sure if this is what was used before, but Glims for Safari offers this functionality, among other great options for Safari.

5. millca macrumors newbie

Glims was it!!! Thank you!

That's it! That's the software I was using from before! Thank you!!!!!