Download Torrents on iPad to Mac

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by That-Guy, Dec 15, 2013.

1. That-Guy macrumors 6502a

That-Guy

Ok so I think I have a pretty good setup at the moment, I can start torrent downloads on my mac from my iPad by doing the following:

Click to download a .torrent file and open with Dropbox, save it to a folder called Torrents in my Dropbox. I have set Transmission (Torrent App) on my Mac to watch that Torrents folder and Auto Download anything that gets added to that folder. I have even got Transmission to delete the .torrent file once the download has started which is great!

The problem comes with Torrent Sites that use Magnet Links instead, anyone know of a way to either convert Magnet Links to .torrent files on the iPad or send Magnet Links to the Mac to download?

I would like to point out this is for grabbing the latest Linux distros to try including experimental builds, this is not for downloading illegal content.

Thanks in Advance!

2. Howard Ellacott macrumors member

Howard Ellacott

If you use bittorrent, you can go to their web remote on an iOS device, and paste the magnet link in there. It's worked for me! https://remote.bittorrent.com any good?