Download update before I get touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mithykal, Sep 27, 2007.

1. mithykal macrumors regular

I have slow internet and I want to be able to sync my music and videos and play with my iPod touch asap, but I have a week 37 coming (booo!) and I want to be able to download the update before I get the touch so I can update quicker, because the update is soooo huge it will take forever to download on my internet.
    So yer is there anyway I can download it now without having an iPod touch to plug into my pc for it to recognise?

2. lozanoj83 macrumors 6502a

lozanoj83

Nah, you can't download the update before you get your iPod touch. You have to have it connected in order for it to download....
    unless someone knows the URL for the actual download, then maybe you can download it and run it later.. I could be wrong.
    Why don't you just go to an Apple store and have your touch in hand, and download the iPod on the actualy computer there?

3. mithykal thread starter macrumors regular

Becuase my nearest apple store is 2 hours away and my iPod touch has been shipped today so I cant cancel the order.
    Thanks, im guessing there might be a url as iTunes has to fetch the download from some server or something :confused: (im not even going to pretend to know what i'm talking about)

4. parrotheadmjb macrumors 6502

download it at work or school, you dont really need the update right now as it changes next to nothing. just get the ipod, begin the download, then put your library on there and disconnect the ipod (the ipod does not have to be plugged in while its downloading, it just needs to be connected to begin download and install download) use the ipod until the update is finished and install the update, installation only take 2-3 minutes