Download Virus?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by iMacdude313, Feb 8, 2009.

1. iMacdude313 macrumors regular

Well, while researching on the book Maniac Magee (don't ask why) on google, I came across a list of clickable sites. I clicked the first one without thinking much, and an error popped up: Warning!!! Your computer contains various signs of viruses and malware programs presence. Your system requires immediate anti viruses check! System Guard 2009 will perform a quick and free scanning of your PC for viruses and malicious programs.
    I panicked and downloaded it. Later I wised up and deleted all downloads from Finder without opening any of them. My question to any and all of you is, should I be worried about anything? I mean in the actual "Warning Message" it says PC, not Mac.... SO I should be good right?
    Please help!!!!

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

It's a pop-up. It's not real. There are no viruses. Please search. You're fine.

3. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

I have gotten messages like that on my mac and pc. Does nothing on the mac...but it destroys a pc.

You should be perfectly fine. Most of those things that download on your mac won't run because they are build for Windows.

Just remember, you have to enter your password for anything like that to run on your mac.So, if a box comes up saying that some program you don't remember installing needs your password to run, don't enter your password.

EDIT: I was beaten

4. iMacdude313 thread starter macrumors regular

Well like I said, I wised up and about half and hour afterwards, I went to Finder, clicked downloads, deleted all the downloads (System Guard 2009), then went to trash and emptied it. So any program's would be gone right? If not is there any way that I could check if any program's were downloaded to my Mac? And to Tallest Skil, thanks for the reply but I did indeed search and nothing was found.

5. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Yes.

6. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

THERE ARE NO VIRSES FOR MAC

The search you did would have shown this

Search