Download vs Retail Version

Discussion in 'macOS' started by legaleye3000, Oct 25, 2007.

1. legaleye3000 macrumors 65816

So did the people who download them instead of wait for their box get screwed by not getting the "real" official build...?

(This question goes out to people who actually have had their box delivered)

2. maxjg macrumors member

Um, CAN you download Leopard?

EDIT: I am assuming you're not referring to a torrent or similar download.

3. scamit macrumors newbie

That would be jokes if the retail build is different from the pirated build. All those folks will have to reinstall leopard. lol

4. Ice-Cube macrumors 6502a

Ice-Cube

I doubt these early adopters would mind reinstalling leopard. They just want to be the first to test them out I guess.

5. nevinp macrumors newbie

MD5 sum of both images

I did a quick Google and this is what I found.

MD5 of disk images
    d443381a9dad784cb9c951f603d47b62 Original DVD
    d443381a9dad784cb9c951f603d47b62 Torrent DVD

Honesty is the best policy! Mine turned up today and it was well worth the wait. Buy Leopard today and show your support for Apple's wonderful products, even if your dl isn't full of Trojans. :)

6. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

At least where Apple is concerned. Yes, shame on me, I d'loaded Leopard because I just couldnt wait, I had to try it. But Im getting it delivered tomorrow and will be installing from that disc onto my main hard drive. The other install I did was just on an external.

I know alot of people still frown on this, but IMO there was nothing wrong with demo'ing it a few days early. Is it any different than people that had theirs inadvertently delivered a day or 2 early even though it wasnt suppose to be delivered til the 26th?

7. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Well, um, yeah. Regardless of when they received it, they paid for it up front. There is no "demo" version of OS X. Granted, you're ultimately doing the right thing, but by downloading the torrent, you contribute to the perception that there is a demand for it.

Hey, I'm not pristine, but when it comes to something like this, I know what is right & fair (and in my long-term best interest, avoiding activations and serial numbers and all that), and I'll hang with Apple on this one.

8. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

But I paid for it already too.

9. legaleye3000 thread starter macrumors 65816

so im assuming they are the same... Can we get multiple confirmations?