Download web apps...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by BlakTornado, Feb 10, 2008.

1. BlakTornado Guest

BlakTornado

Is there a feature available or do you think it would be good to have a feature available on the iPod Touch to download the entire contents of a web app?

I ask this because I am interested in eventually getting one (Summer, maybe... probably use it as a sort of mini-PDA) and I think that it would be a great feature if not already available since the iPhone can just connect up to EDGE to use it, while the iPod touch cannot...

2. NinjaMonkey macrumors regular

By summer, developers will (or should) be releasing native apps built on the SDK Apple is supposed to release around the end of this month.

Is there a specific application you need?

3. G99 macrumors 6502

G99

That doesn't seem to work for me. If I try it on my iTouch, Safari redirects to the web address, and if I try on the computer, it ends up crashing. Any ideas?

4. Psyxologos macrumors regular

Sorry, can I just ask what this SDK is? I am new to this all...

5. NinjaMonkey macrumors regular

A SDK is a Software Development Kit. Once Apple releases this to developers they can write native applications for the iPod Touch and iPhone. This means you don't need to be connected to the internet to use applications.

6. Jin666 macrumors member

Hey,

If I am on 1.1.1 JB and I visit that website, will I be able to use the Add to Home Screen option, or is that 1.1.3 only?

7. Star Destroyer macrumors 6502

When these native apps are designed for the itouch after the SDK is released, will they be usable on all the ipod touchs, or will they only work for the ones that are jailbroken?

8. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

There will be no need to jailbreak after the SDK release because then you'll be able to install Apps the easy way... with Apple's approval.