Download Window

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gog8tors, Jan 19, 2011.

1. gog8tors macrumors newbie

When I download a file, the window that pops up, with the name "Downloads" on the header, is blank. It used to show all of my past downloads with the most recent download at the top of the list.

The downloads are still in the download folder. Why is my download window blank and how do I get it to work again?

2. simsaladimbamba

Safari > Preferences >> General >>> Remove download list items >>>> Manually/When Safari Quits/Upon Successful Download.

[​IMG]

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Safari > Preferences > General > Remove download list items:

4. gog8tors thread starter macrumors newbie

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I'm sure Firefox has a similar setting. Look in Firefox > Preferences.

6. simsaladimbamba

Maybe take a look at Firefox' Preferences to see for yourself?

Okay, I looked and I didn't find anything. Maybe have you added an add on to Firefox with the ability to delete the Download window's content? Or have you tried resetting Firefox?

Btw, when you ask for help, better state as many facts as you know, as GGJstudios and I assumed wrong in what browser you use, and that adds to the clutter of finding a solution. Thanks.

PS: FF is quite a piece of slowness.

7. gog8tors thread starter macrumors newbie

You know, I did. Under the General tab is ask if you want to show the downloads window when downloading a file. Mine is checked, and sure enough it does open when I download, with nothing in it.

If I could figure this out myself, I wouldn't of asked for help, and it is more trouble to post here than it is to research myself, so I do. And when I fail in my searching, I post. Thank you for your help.

8. simsaladimbamba

What I meant is, you could have at least stated the name of the browser you use, nothing wrong in asking for help.

And have you taken a look at your add ons yet?

9. gog8tors thread starter macrumors newbie

To be honest, I really didn't associate the specific browser to the download window. Sorry.

No add ons. Looking in to doing a reset, just need to find it.

10. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's certainly no problem for you to post any questions here. It just helps if you give as much information in your first post, so those who respond don't offer suggestions that don't apply.

How to maximise your MacRumors troubleshooting experience

See if this helps:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/download-files-firefox-automatically-save-folders/

11. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Firefox prefs., privacy, remember download history..Works for me...

Attached Files:

12. gog8tors thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the link. At a glance I do not see the fix, but there is a lot of material there so I will go back and spend more time with it.

Thanks to you both for your help, I should be able to come up with the answer now. :)

13. gog8tors thread starter macrumors newbie

14. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Also, if you go into "settings" at the bottom of the privacy page, you will see that you can keep the forever or on a session basis. I have mine set to clear when I close Firefox.

Attached Files:

15. gog8tors thread starter macrumors newbie