Download window

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by SecrtAgnt, Jan 22, 2010.

1. SecrtAgnt macrumors newbie

When I click to download something it opens the window and shows progress. The second the download is complete the window clears out so I can't click on the what was just downloaded. :confused:

I'm forced to go to the finder window, downloads, search by date then find the download.

Where is the option to change this so I can just click on the list in the progress window?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Safari - found in under 30 seconds by opening the Preferences.

[​IMG]

3. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Safari -> Preferences -> General -> something. I can't remember what the setting is called (posting from my iPod at the mo) but it's pretty self-explanatory. You must have changed this setting before, since the default is to keep downloads in the window until manually removed.

In any case, files are just downloaded (by default) to your Downloads folder, which is (by default) present as a stack in your Dock.

Edit: Beat me to it. Cursed on-screen keyboard.

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

So you have your hands on that rumoured touch screen device Apple might release next week? Niiiiiiiice.

;)

5. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Yeah, and it's great! You didn't hear it from me, but all of the leaked models are Apple-created fakes. The real tablet (if you can call it that) is called the iTrident, is the size of a stick of gum, and has a 15" holographic display. It also contains a miniature cold fusion reactor, so you never need to plug it in or recharge the battery.

However, it doesn't come with a stylus and doesn't run Mac OS X, so it's bloody useless in my book.

Of course, since it contains radioactive material, you need approval from the NRC before you can buy one.