Download Yahoo! Mail?

applekid

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 3, 2003
2,097
0
Is there any way of downloading all of my saved Yahoo! messages to my hard drive or a way to quickly forward all of my e-mail to my GMail account?

I'm hoping to close my Yahoo! mailbox after transferring my old e-mails.
 

jeremy.king

macrumors 603
Jul 23, 2002
5,479
1
Fuquay Varina, NC
$20 will get you POP access and 2GB of storage by upgrading to Yahoo Plus, so then you won't have to move to gmail. ;)

I guess you could pay, download all your mail, and then cancel and get a nearly full refund if you must. :rolleyes:
 

john1123

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2005
246
0
Down Under
it works on my yahoo australia account. it's under Mail Options > POP access and forwarding.
I'm not sure about yahoo.com accounts though...
 

applekid

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 3, 2003
2,097
0
kingjr3 said:
$20 will get you POP access and 2GB of storage by upgrading to Yahoo Plus, so then you won't have to move to gmail. ;)

I guess you could pay, download all your mail, and then cancel and get a nearly full refund if you must. :rolleyes:
I like my iMacGod account for GMail though :( :p

I was thinking about just paying $20, get POP access, do a quick download, and trash it... I guess that's what I'll have to do. :(
 

maxterpiece

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2003
729
0
i seem t oremember yahoo offered free pop like 3 years ago. no longer i guess. gmail offers it now, but they may take it away when it goes out of beta if they can't make $ off it.

Fastmail offers free IMAP access.

Hotmail lets you use outlook (or they used to last time i checked).

I'm sure there are a ton more.
 

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Jan 23, 2005
2,381
33
maxterpiece said:
i seem t oremember yahoo offered free pop like 3 years ago. no longer i guess. gmail offers it now, but they may take it away when it goes out of beta if they can't make $ off it.

Fastmail offers free IMAP access.

Hotmail lets you use outlook (or they used to last time i checked).

I'm sure there are a ton more.
Google makes money whenever someone clicks the adds next to the messages, which is often. They don't need to charge money for POP, they already make hundreds a day from the service, which will increase when more people use the service.
 

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
6,182
1,192
East Coast
dotdotdot said:
Google makes money whenever someone clicks the adds next to the messages, which is often. They don't need to charge money for POP, they already make hundreds a day from the service, which will increase when more people use the service.
There's only one constant in life. If someone figures they can make more money, they will. Google will most likely start charging for things such as POP access because they will feel more pressure from Wall Street to keep increasing earnings. If there's money to be made, the small guy will take it up the wazoo.
 

maxterpiece

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2003
729
0
dotdotdot said:
Google makes money whenever someone clicks the adds next to the messages, which is often. They don't need to charge money for POP, they already make hundreds a day from the service, which will increase when more people use the service.
well exactly... there are no ads when you view your mail through pop. I mean the question google will have to ask is basically, will offering pop service increase our # of users enough to justify how many fewer users will be looking at our ads?
 

topspin98

macrumors member
Dec 30, 2004
38
0
Mail

Just hook Yahoo up with your mail with your OS. Ive done it with my Yahoo, Gmail, and Mac Accounts.

Then save!
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.