Downloadable PDF-PHP File Issues

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by AZMacAir, Feb 10, 2011.

1. AZMacAir macrumors newbie

Hi all - long time lurker, first time poster (and I did use he Search function and read the Stickies before posting this).

My company allows me to use my MBA for work but our IT support is almost non existent. I frequently need to generate .PDF files which are downloaded in whatever browser I'm using. Mostly FireFox & Safari.

When my companies website generates the form(s), I get a pop up box with links to click that allow me to download and print the forms. In a Windows environment, they open up as PDF's in a new tab in the browser. On my MAC I get the following:

generate_contract_pdf.php

which is a: php File
    from (link to my company)

What should Firefox do with this file?

Open With... Choose
    Save File

I don't have anything on my MAC that seems to allow me to open this pdf / php file.

The save option spits out the following error: "generate_contract_pdf.php" is a script application downloaded from the internet. Are you sure you want to open it?

Clicking yes opens a window in the TextEditor which is basically the info that would populate the required fields on the contract - but not actually the pdf contract.

Any help on this would be hugely appreciated! My MBA has revolutionized how I work on the road and interface with clients.

I think the key is the PDF - PHP relationship, but I'm not a software tech guy...

Thanks in advance

-

2. AZMacAir thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok - I figured out it was stemming from a login issue when the new browser window opened. Using Firefox but default browser window that was opening was Safari - on which I wasn't logged in.

Now if only I could cure the "Saving A PDF File When Printing Is Not Supported" issue.

Doing more searching & reading...