Downloadable Snow Leopard?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Slrman, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Slrman macrumors member

Slrman

I live in Brazil and have an iMac with Leopard 10.5.8. Is there anywhere I can download the $29 Snow Leopard update? The Apple store apparently will not ship to Brazil. I've checked the Brazilian web site where I bought the iMac and they aren't offering anything. They sell a little of everything so they are not really a computer store site anyway.

I'd love to have this update especially if it can be downloaded.

2. WPB2 macrumors 6502a

WPB2

Try amazon.com. They are selling 10.6, and I think they will ship to Brazil.

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

4. Slrman thread starter macrumors member

Slrman

Amazon says they cannot ship this to Brazil. I've had lots of problems with Amazon in the past so would be reluctant to order from them anyway. Anyone have any other ideas?

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

No can do,

apple has not and so far will not provide a downloadable version of their OS - at least consumer ready version.

6. macfanboy macrumors 6502a

i think download mac os's will start with 10.7 or 10.8

7. bigbird macrumors 6502

I'm sure the place you bought your iMac from in Brazil will have SL shortly. They may not be as fast updating their website as the Apple store is. Be patient or actually phone them. If you can't wait, then have someone buy it for you in another country and then mail it to you. If those are not suitable options, there's always the illegal torrent method, which I personally don't recommend.

8. MrPeanut macrumors regular

Is there not a shop near you that will sell it? If you can buy macbooks there you must be able to buy apple software?

9. uaecasher macrumors 65816

uaecasher

wait till it's on ebay and buy it from their, although make sure that the seller got good rep

10. fmdalcin macrumors newbie

Apple announced Snow Leopard will be available on September in Brazil, you might have to wait and get it in an Apple Shop (inside Fnac Stores), that might have it first, or any other store including the one in which you got the iMac.

Apple is also testing the Brazilian version of the Online Apple Store, so shortly you will be able to purchase it directly from Apple at www.apple.com.br.

11. DanMartin macrumors newbie

Hardware and software take a while to make their way down here. There are no Apple Stores - as one knows them in the US - in Brazil. And there is no online Apple Store either. And there is Customs here. Until recently the local federal government used to make it close to impossible for people to import hardware or/software. A MACBOOK APPLE MC240BZ (WHITE) INTEL CORE 2 DUO 2GB 160GB 13.3" goes for US$1,710 and that's after taxes were slashed.

So, basic consumer logic does not seem to apply down here. Pity!:eek:

PS: It seems Snow Leopard will be arriving here on Sep 21.

12. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Try eBay. There are many sellers that ships internationally.

13. fmdalcin macrumors newbie

Dan, Apple offers Apple Shops (not Apple Stores) in Brazil, this is a partnership with Fnac, they offer exclusive spaces inside Fnac Stores for Macs and Mac Software. This is the same model used in France, where they are just opening the first Apple Store.

The prices are much more affordable now than they were some years ago, check it out at www.fnac.com.br.

The Apple Online Store for Brazil will be available in some days, it was fore-casted for the end of August. Several days ago users navigating on Apple website in the middle of the night were able to see and buy at the Brazilian Online Apple Store due to an error during tests.

14. pjrmorgan macrumors newbie

UK guy. Moved from London, UK to live and work in
    Available in the FNAC on 21/09/09

Just checked the fnac website for the São Paulo store and it says will be available on 21/09/2009 (Sujeito à disponibilidade do fornecedor). Very frustrating!