Downloaded Apps stuck at "Waiting"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by callmemike20, Sep 10, 2010.

1. callmemike20 macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

My problem started yesterday. Whenever I download a new app, it gets stuck at waiting and the icons stays white for hours. Eventually, I turn my phone off and then turn it right back on and my apps are there and fully downloaded. However, they are no longer in their original place and I have to move their location to where it should be (eg. I have layar in a folder on page 2, but the icon ends up on page 2).

Anyone know how to fix this?

2. berrytarts macrumors member

Were you downloading via 3G?
    If you were, then the Death Grip comes in handy in these circumstances. Say, if your download was taking too long, you could use the Death Grip to disconnect yourself from the network, hence stopping the download of the app altogether.
    Or you could try Airplane Mode to disconnect yourself from you WiFi network.

I've had this problem before, although my reboot did not rearrange my icons. Strange.

Best of luck,
    Lawrence

3. ryannazaretian macrumors 6502a

ryannazaretian

I had this problem earlier today as well. First time I have experienced it. I think it was around 11AM CST.

Like you, I restarted the phone, and it downloaded.

4. seifer333 macrumors member

same thing for me. I just restarted and the app is downloaded. Probably a disconnect from the 3G network temporary and it wouldn't restart.

5. og1 macrumors regular

6. callmemike20 thread starter macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

It happened on WIFI, but it also happened on 3G.