downloaded Itunes 7.7 now Ipod touch won;t work

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by threesnooks, Aug 1, 2008.

1. threesnooks macrumors newbie

I downloaded 7.7 yesterday am and now when the ipod touch is pluged in it won;t recognize it ....no devices show up? I have windows xp....should I remove itunes 7.7 and go back to an older version???? we went to the Apple store last night and they checked it on their apples and it showed up fine....they did a restore on it and I think added the new ipod touch stuff that came out...which is nice but now we can;t load any stuff on it it without being recognized......PLEASE help.....my 11 year old is really missing it for our upcoming roadtrip monday......UGH

2. threesnooks thread starter macrumors newbie

I am still trying to decide if i should try again to download 7.7 itunes...and just noticed this message on the apple page -- could this be my problem?

PC users, make sure you’re logged in as Administrator before downloading iTunes. Click the Download button, then click Run. After your download completes, click Run again. Follow the onscreen installation instructions.

and HOW DO I DO THAT

3. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

How do you do what? Log in as an administrator? As long as you're logged in as the main name on the computer (I'm assuming it's you), you're logged in as an administrator.

Then follow the rest of the instructions (Download, Run, Run).

Did you bring your laptop to the Apple store? Hopefully the geniuses there won't be too snobby to help you with that. :)

4. itzdemo macrumors regular

itzdemo

STOP VISTA Permissions @!@!

sounds like your running vista.. if so this is an easy fix that makes your vista act like XP without the permissions stopping everything !@!

If you've used Windows Vista for more than 3.7 minutes, you know what UAC (User Account Control) is.. it's the obnoxious, nagging popup window that will be your life for the next 3-5 years unless you switch back to XP in frustration, or to a better OS like… OS X, Suse, Ubuntu, or even XP.

Note: Disabling UAC will lead to a less secure system, so be warned.

Windows needs your permission to annoy the crap out of you:

After you enable or disable UAC, you will have to reboot your computer for the changes to take effect.

You can enable or disable this from the Control Panel if you choose.

Open up Control Panel, and type in "UAC" into the search box. You'll see a link for "Turn User Account Control (UAC) on or off":

On the next screen you should uncheck the box for "Use User Account Control (UAC)", and then click on the OK button.

You'll need to reboot your computer before the changes take effect, but you should be all done with annoying prompts.

if you don't understand this you can message me anytime and i'll be glad to help out :)

5. seeny macrumors regular

i’ve just installed the latest itunes and it’s fixed one problem i have with 7.7.0.46, it now finds my ipod touch in 10sec instead of 5 – 6mins, now if they can just fix 2.0

6. threesnooks thread starter macrumors newbie

well after speaking to a nice man in India for 2 hours from apple on the phone and having me do lots of stuff in devices etc and downloading it over and over it finally worked. From 6:30am till2:30 pm that's all I was doing ugh. But it is working now. I have windows Xp and a desktop so couldn't bring it with me to apple
    Thanks for your help