Downloaded itunes music not playing on JB 1.1.3 touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by pattoniscool, Feb 7, 2008.

1. pattoniscool macrumors member

ust upgraded to JB 1.1.3 successfully and was wondering if anyone else is having problems getting downloaded music to play. If I import from a cd or other source and sync, it plays fine on the touch and in itunes. If I download a song or album from itunes store, it plays just fine in itunes, syncs fine to the touch, but when I press play it comes up with the pause symbol and won't move. I can fast forward but it still doesn't play. And to top it off now, anytime I try to play a song I downloaded from itunes store previously won't play either. I have tried several different downloads and it won't work, all my previous downloads, pre-JB 1.1.3 work. I have reset it a few times to no avail as well. Any suggestions?

2. cbrain macrumors 65816

cbrain

From what I've heard I think the 1.1.3 jailbreak breaks iTunes donwloaded music. I'm not entirely sure though.

3. atthecross macrumors 6502

if you used the one from ijailbreak then it breaks your itunes downloads. If you use the 'official' jailbreak from the Dev Team then your itunes will work.

The bad thing is that if you upgraded to 7.6 iTunes you can't jailbreak to 1.1.3 with the 'official' one because you have to start at 1.1.2. and you can't go to 1.1.2 with the 7.6 iTunes.

I found out the hard way, I had the 'official' 1.1.3 jailbreak (iTunes WORKED)but I couldn't find the new iphone apps, so I downgraded to 1.1.1 and used the ijailbreak method to get to 1.1.3 and now iTunes does not work for items purchased from itunes.

So I just went ahead and used the apple 1.1.3 with iTunes and payed the $19.99 for the programs.

4. pattoniscool thread starter macrumors member

Since I already have iTunes 7.6, should I just downgrade back to 1.1.1 and wait for a JB to come out that I can upgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 and get new apps and be able to listen to iTunes store music and watch videos?

5. cbrain macrumors 65816

cbrain

6. buzzdennis macrumors newbie

7. caa4444 macrumors member

dont use nate trues method since it tells u bout that error

8. snverhallen macrumors 6502a