Downloaded Motion 5 but want to add Motion 4

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Tcoury, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Tcoury macrumors newbie

I don't like Motion 5 as well as Motion 4, maybe because I know it. I downloaded Motion 5 on my new mac air, but I want to download Motion 4 from file share from my Mac Book Pro. Do I have to dump 5 then download 4?
    Do I have to share the entire Final Cut Studio, or just the motion CD's.
    I was hoping Motion 5 had more ready made templates, like 4 but I didn't find any.

2. ryanvalle macrumors member

By default, motion 5 does not download with additional content - just the software. If you go the menu bar and search for the download additional content selection, more content should be available via software update. I'm not sure how this material differs from motion 4, but if you have a speedy connection, you may want to check it out first.

3. cgbier macrumors 6502a

If it is only about the templates, you can import them into 5. No need to reinstall the whole shebang.

4. willsfamily4 macrumors newbie

Ryan - loved your promo and the music you chose for it. Did you create that in Motion 5? I am on Motion 4 and wondering about changing to 5 but still use FCP 7 is that possible? Please advise.

5. simsaladimbamba

Yes, that is possible. I have Motion 5 while also having FCS 3.

6. cgbier macrumors 6502a

When you download Motion 5, FCS will be put into its own folder. There's no other change to your FCS. It'll still run perfectly.