Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Soundburst

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2006
Does anyone have an email for Apple Music so you can ask them a question about the service, such as the one in the OP?

Another similar issue is accidentally deleting tracks of albums that you may already own.

E.G When you download a playlist which includes songs you already have (let's say it has a Coldplay , and Jake Bugg track and you already have those downloaded on your phone as part of their respective albums) - then you listen to the playlist and then delete it, it deletes the songs you already had so now some of your albums no longer have a track downloaded anymore.

I thought by unchecking the 'Add playlists to Apple Music Library' option this would sort it , but no.

D-Dave

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2010
As this seems to be still a Problem...and Apple is still unable to sove this (which is very odd, seeing that tons of users redownloading music over and over again generates HUGE traffic)... I'd like to add that the disappearing music issue also affects audiobooks.
Now this is a far greater issue as you can not simply redownload them as often as you like..the only solution i found working so far: switching to Spotify and Audible had no problems with either...shame realy

0ddball

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2016
And joy, oh, joy - NOT - this was still happening on 9.3.3 and would you believe it, it is still happening an iOS 10 beta 3:(.

It appears, however, to be linked with the use of two separate Apple IDs - or to be more precise; signing out from your Apple ID. Woosh - all tracks in the library gone! Signing back on does nothing for it - be it on cellular data or WiFi. However, returning back home to my WiFi, the tracks re-appeared. Selecting the lot (album by bloody album) for download again overnight, it was not done however come morning (and my broadband connection is fast so the bottleneck is at the other end).

Making sure pone settings are set for cellular data to not be allowed for music download before leaving home, at lunchtime I receive emails from cell provider that they have added five times 10GB extensions (at AU$10 a pop:eek:). :apple: music has simply ignored the setting :confused:and continued downloading my music costing me a full month's extra of data!!! Thanks :apple::mad:!

Having had had my library wiped for different reasons three times now, I'm afraid you've used up all your chances:( - one more and I'm off to Spotify!

Soundburst

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2006
OH MY GOD.

I cannot cope.

Once again open my phone and ALL the music I had made available offline was not on the phone anymore - and was streaming.

Then upon downloading tens of GB's of songs my iPhone lock button was playing up so I thought I'd do a backup to iTunes - then restore it.

So I back up the phone - then when I restore it and go into my music library sure enough all the songs are listed - BUT AGAIN THEY'RE NOT AVAILABLE OFFLINE.

Surely we can't be the only ones who have to download tens of GB's of songs because Apple wipes them from our phone / doesn't back them up during a backup?

I don't see how this can be just an issue that we have - surely if everyone suffered from it there'd be global outrage at paying 9.99 for this?

ayresm

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2008
OH MY GOD.

I cannot cope.

Once again open my phone and ALL the music I had made available offline was not on the phone anymore - and was streaming.

Then upon downloading tens of GB's of songs my iPhone lock button was playing up so I thought I'd do a backup to iTunes - then restore it.

So I back up the phone - then when I restore it and go into my music library sure enough all the songs are listed - BUT AGAIN THEY'RE NOT AVAILABLE OFFLINE.

Surely we can't be the only ones who have to download tens of GB's of songs because Apple wipes them from our phone / doesn't back them up during a backup?

I don't see how this can be just an issue that we have - surely if everyone suffered from it there'd be global outrage at paying 9.99 for this?

Happened to me for the first time today. After spending 3 months gradually downloading 10,000 songs (because of the bug that prevented anyone from downloading more than about 100 songs at a time) they all disappeared today when my phone crashed. The bugs and limited features in Apple Music are really a huge let down for what is otherwise a good concept.

chinchillas

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2015
WTF. I kept about 40 GB of my ripped CDs in my phone. I listen via iTunes. Apple Music off. Sync settings off, would manually add/delete. Today I tried to backup phone to computer, received an error message, then manually deleted some podcasts and videos. Now ALL my music is gone from the phone. Apps not showing on iTunes but remain on phone.

hbruss

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2013
I've also had problems with Apple Music. How does one cancel ones membership? I've tried to do it myself but can't find the right location.

chinchillas

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2015
My problem was the music physically stored in the phone, not Apple Music. I don't use it. It's really bad. I've heard many stories of Apple disappearing people's music.

I just re-transfered most of my library.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
I feel your pain but enough is enough.

If I made Apple Music I'd be thoroughly ashamed of myself.

Yep... if its Apple music u downloaded, they have a right as its their music still. you never own it..

But Apple shouldn't be deleting your own music you pit there in the first place.

I've also had problems with Apple Music. How does one cancel ones membership? I've tried to do it myself but can't find the right location.

Follow this: https://www.imore.com/how-to-cancel-apple-music

hbruss

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2013
Yep... if its Apple music u downloaded, they have a right as its their music still. you never own it..

But Apple shouldn't be deleting your own music you pit there in the first place.

Follow this: https://www.imore.com/how-to-cancel-apple-music
[doublepost=1530028275][/doublepost]Tech198, thanks for the help. I followed the steps and, when I got to the end, the place to click (cancel membership) wasn't there. I'm hoping it'll end on July 19th without any action from me; however, it'll probably charge my credit card for another month. Below is a photo of the options I had.
Apple Sub.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.