Downloaded Office 2004 and WMP 9 for Mac, what next???

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mctrees02, Apr 10, 2008.

1. mctrees02 macrumors member

I've downloaded Office 04 and Windows Media Player 9 for Mac. When I go to open them I'm told that "stuffit archives aren't supported" or (in the case of Office 04) It just opens up a text file. What do I need to do now???

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

3. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Well, first off, don't get WMP 9. It's old, discontinued and unsupported.

Instead, get Flip4Mac for QuickTime.

Secondly, you'll need "The Unarchiver" for OS X to uncompress StuffIt archives. It's a lighter-weight alternative to the main StuffIt program and supports more formats to boot.

4. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Probably have to unstuff or unrar the files. As for Windows Media Player don't even bother, it hasn't been supported on Mac for a while.

5. mctrees02 thread starter macrumors member

Ok I got the stuff it figured out. Thanks.

Now what is going wrong when I'm trying to stream audio from the internet?? It opens what I'm assuming is an old version of WMP in a pop-up. How can I get that to open in QT w/ flip 4 mac?

6. cheekybobcat macrumors 6502a

cheekybobcat

Try making QT your default audio player (for teh intanetz streaming) or delete the old version of WMP.

7. mctrees02 thread starter macrumors member

Got rid of the WMP...QT is set to default and have the flip 4 mac plugin installed. Here's the site that I'm trying to stream from.

http://theticket.com/

I can't stream the audio (listen online button at top) nor can I get their webcam to load (told I need to install a plugin).

8. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Works for me. I clicked the listen link, then clicked the Play button and QuickTime loaded where the picture of Media Player had been. Once I clicked play I got audio, so... :confused: