Downloaded Sierra PB but won't install

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by Tudo Lindo, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Tudo Lindo macrumors newbie

Yesterday I redeemed my code and downloaded the PB Sierra. It took a while so when it was done downloading I turned off my Mac to install it the next morning. In the app store it says it downloaded the files, but it's not clickable. Redeeming the code again it says I already redeemed it. How to install it?

Attached Files:

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Did you check to see if it was downloaded into your applications folder? It shows up in your launchpad as well, take a peek there.

3. Tudo Lindo thread starter macrumors newbie

Checked. It's indeed in the applications folder! Thanks so much!

4. hideous cheese macrumors regular

Rather than start a new thread on this, I thought I'd add my experience here although it seems the OP problem is resolved. I found this thread doing my own troubleshooting so maybe someone will similarly wander upon it.

I downloaded the Public Beta and on launch got the message:

"This copy of the Install macOS Sierra Public Beta application is damaged, and can't be used to install macOS."

I downloaded it twice more to the same irritation. Grrr

In the end I used Disk Maker X to create a bootable install drive (it hasn't been updated for Sierra support and it did throw up some error messages while running, but it did still succeed in creating a bootable drive). I installed the OS successfully from there.

Still no clearer why the download said it was screwed. Only thing I can think of is that my internal drive is fried so perhaps the installer failed when encountering something it wasnt expecting? (speculation)

5. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

got the same error, am trying again. hopefully a glitch (and not repeatable...)
    --- Post Merged, Jul 10, 2016 ---
    so, i keep getting that message. any ideas, anyone?