Downloaded the installer...

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by afsnyder, Jul 31, 2014.

1. afsnyder macrumors 65816

So I downloaded the installer that was available as a code in the iOS 8 beta 4 developer center. (which took 25 mins for 5gb when running Mavericks) It downloaded the installer and game me the release notes of the dev preview 4. I installed the beta on a separate partition but it seemed to install the 1st developer preview. I then went to the app store and found an update.... then another one when I woke up the next day and another one (All called OS X Developer Preview Update 1). Finally it said developer preview 2 and installed that after a few hours.

Now I'm trying to install developer preview 3 and it's giving me an estimate of 7 hours to download just 1 gigabyte of data!

Is there any away to download the 4th developer preview without having to waste my time with the ridiculously slow downloads?

2. tywebb13 macrumors 68020

There are direct links in apple's developer forum to the delta updates which seem to work better than the mac app store. So you might want to try that if your mac app store isn't working properly.

My internet got slow a few months ago so I just took my computer into an Apple Retail Store and they let me use their wifi (which was pretty fast) to download an update. Some people who have a limited monthly download limit do the same thing.