Downloading a video file straight to iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by phildavies79, Apr 19, 2012.

1. phildavies79 macrumors newbie

I've just produced a training DVD for my company and they have added a downloadable MP4 version to their website (computer users can right click on the link and 'save as')...

Am I right in thinking the only way to get the MP4 files on to an iPad or iPhone is to download with a computer, import into iTunes and then sync?

I'm assuming there is no right-click equivalent on idevices that lets you download video files right into the videos app via a web browser, thus bypassing the need for a computer?

Any pointers are much appreciated.

2. 0m3ga macrumors 6502

If your ipad is jailbroken you can. If not, I believe you will have to use itunes.

3. rkahl macrumors 65816

Depending on the size, you can always email the file and it can be downloaded directly to the iPad.

4. intofx Suspended

Goodreader allows you to put a 'g' in front of the URL to download the page. Point your browser to the movie directly and place the g in front. The movie will download to the app.

5. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

A app called Filer formerly called downloader can make it happen. It will download straight to that app and you can view it in the app or open-in to another video app on your device.

6. doboy macrumors 68000

Various third-party browser apps like iCab and Atomic can download videos as well.

7. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

iCab or GoodReader can do this with no problem.