Downloading content from Adobe Flash Player

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Fed, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Fed, Jul 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2012

Fed macrumors 6502

I'd like to download some graduation footage from a University website. They're playing it through Adobe Flash Player 11.3.300.265 (according to a right-click on the video).

Does anyone know the best and most convenient way of getting this footage?

From further inspection, they seem to use FlowPlayer and some SWF stuff (neither I've heard of). Hmm.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

This is a question that can only be answered by someone who has knowledge that is specific to the university website. However, the answer has nothing to do with the fact that the video is in Flash format.

3. spacepower7 macrumors 68000

Ignore the other post. Has no idea about downloading flash or otherwise.

You can dl the video from your uni's website with Firefox and one of the popular free flash downloaders like flashbot or whatever.. Unless your Uni went to extremes to prevent downloading, then if you are in the US, use the freedom of information act, especially if a publicly funded Uni, to get the highest quality copy the have, pre-web-compression. You can use many free forms from photography and video websites to file a free request for a copy of the original footage.

It's your rights..

4. Fed thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks mate. I'll give that a whirl! :D

No worries, though. I don't suffer fools outside of forums, I won't in them either.