Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bob24

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
There are cases when I want to download files in Safari to upload them to my cloud storage (for example for companies which provide electronic billing, I go download the bills on their website and upload them to a central location where I have all my bills for every company).

With dropbox it is not a problem as once the PDF bill is open in Safari you can chose to open in in the Dropbox application and upload it.

Since there is no iCloud Drive application as such in iOS, I am wondering if I would be able to do the same thing. Anyone knows?

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Today? no. Tomorrow? most certainly.

If an app like iUnarchive or simliar implements an extension to download into iCloud Drive, which should be possible. Then yes.

If Adobe Acrobat ever updates to support iCloud Drive for instance, you could open into that, and save to iCloud Drive.

Apple put in place the app sandboxing and new secure methods of punching little controlled holes in it. But they are leaving a majority of the implementation in the hands of the community.

bob24

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
Thanks for the answer, it makes sense. I am a little surprised Apple will have use rely on third party application to do this though. In the example I mentioned only Safari and iCloud Drive could be involved.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.