Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrbeaverhousen

macrumors member
Original poster
May 27, 2009
I'm going to Europe in a few days for 2 months and I was wondering if it's possible for me to still purchase things off of the U.S. iTunes. Anyone know?

ironman159

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2008
Costa Rica
Yes... I actually live in Costa Rica and I can still buy/rent things from the U.S. store. This is mostly because CR's App Store sucks.:D

Stampyhead

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2004
London, UK
Yep. I'm currently living in London but still use my U.S. iTunes account. According to Apple's terms and conditions you're not technically supposed to use a country's iTunes store outside of that country, but Apple doesn't seem to do anything to enforce that...

May 8, 2008
Yes, to echo what everyone else said. I was in London for the first half of the year and my iTunes account was fine. I was on WiFi the entire time and still managed to purchase music and movies, granted it was very slow over the network I was on.

Sedulous

macrumors 68030
Dec 10, 2002
You can buy from an iTunes Store while outside your country but this is supposedly in contradiction with iTunes Store rules.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.