Downloading from iTunes while in another country...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mrbeaverhousen, Jul 4, 2009.

1. mrbeaverhousen macrumors member

I'm going to Europe in a few days for 2 months and I was wondering if it's possible for me to still purchase things off of the U.S. iTunes. Anyone know?

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Yes. You'll need to use your US credit card but you shouldn't have any problems.

3. ironman159 macrumors regular

ironman159

Yes... I actually live in Costa Rica and I can still buy/rent things from the U.S. store. This is mostly because CR's App Store sucks.:D

4. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Yep. I'm currently living in London but still use my U.S. iTunes account. According to Apple's terms and conditions you're not technically supposed to use a country's iTunes store outside of that country, but Apple doesn't seem to do anything to enforce that...

5. 184550 Guest

Yes, to echo what everyone else said. I was in London for the first half of the year and my iTunes account was fine. I was on WiFi the entire time and still managed to purchase music and movies, granted it was very slow over the network I was on.

6. Sedulous macrumors 68020

Sedulous

You can buy from an iTunes Store while outside your country but this is supposedly in contradiction with iTunes Store rules.

7. Padraic macrumors regular

I hope they don't ever enforce that clause in the terms and conditions. My job takes me out of the US for years at a time... I'd go batty if I couldn't purchase things off the iTunes store.