Downloading (Hard) digital copies of songs from iTunes Match

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by fullfloridiancj, Jun 18, 2015.

1. fullfloridiancj macrumors regular

70% of my music comes from CDs
    30% are voice memos and songs purchased from iTunes
    I have had iTunes match for about 2 years
    Yesterday, I noticed within my iTunes folder some artists / albums did not have folders containing songs
    ex: AC/DC had a Folder containing one full album out of a total collection of 6 listed on my itunes match service
    All of my AC/DC songs came from physical CD's (which I have since sold bc my house is small)
    How can download all songs from iTunes match and retrieve (hard) digital copies of them ?

also because I am downloading them from the match "cloud" will it prompt me always to be signed into my iTunes user account to play the music?
    ex: when over a friends I could not watch simpsons episodes I bought from iTunes bc her computer was not registered to my ID account

Im looking to download all music/albums/songs I own from iTunes match and put them on a single hardive.

2. mpfuchs macrumors regular

mpfuchs

Yes, you have to be signed into your account to play your content.
    Be careful, there is a limit of devices that can be signed into with iTunes Match.

As far as downloading you music goes, when you're in the Album view in your music, you'll see a small cloud icon on the lower right side of the album cover. Just click that icon, and it'll download to your hard drive. Do that for all your music and you'll have a local copy.
    I'm not sure if there is an option to download everything at once. Maybe somebody else could chime in on that?

3. Mr. Buzzcut macrumors 65816

Mr. Buzzcut

Well technically you don't own that music any longer. As far as Match, there is no DRM on matched songs you download, so you don't need to be signed in to play them. As stated in previous reply, just click the cloud icon with the arrow.

4. DarwinOSX macrumors 65816

Of course he owns the music.

5. Mr. Buzzcut macrumors 65816

Mr. Buzzcut

He stated he sold the CDs. You don't get to rip CDs, sell them, then keep the rips. Legally speaking.