Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AcesHigh87

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 11, 2009
New Brunswick, Canada
I'm sure this has been brought up dozens of times but iMovie 7.0. wtv it is at is frankly garbage. I'm used to editing at school on iMovie 6 and didn't expect it to be overly different until I opened it up and found out that yeah, it blows.

anyway, my media teacher told me that 6 was available to download expect all I have been able to find is updates which aren't really usefull since I don't have the original iMovie6 downloaded.

So, I ask, can anyone either point me to the original Imovie 6 (probably 6.0.1) or let me know how to get the updates to work?

P.S I've constantly seen a link that says "imovieHD6.html" at the end but when I click it that disappears and it simply brings me to the regular download page that only holds imovie 6.0.2 and up

SSkky Reader

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2009
iMovie 09 (Which is what I believe your referring to!?) Does what the previous iMovie's did and More:)! Apple realized the problem, that iMovie 08 didn't do it for certain users and allowed iMovie 06 to be re-downloaded as they fixed the problem.

It sounds like you may just need to figure out what ALL iMovie 09 can do for your media project. I'm pretty sure we've fixed the problems that pertained to iMovie 08.

Stick with iMovie 09 and continue to be creative;)
:apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.