Downloading IOS6 through iTunes on Mac ... is IOS6 saved on my Mac?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by OceanFrog, Sep 25, 2012.

1. OceanFrog macrumors regular

Hey all

I'm currently downloading IOS6 through iTunes on my MacBook Air. I see the download size is 887mb.

I'm tight on space on my MBA, so I was wondering if IOS6 was saved anywhere on my MBA, or if it gets deleted when the iPhone is updated?

If it is stored on my MBA, is it ok to delete it when I've finished updating my iPhone.

Thanks in advance :)

2. antdawe macrumors regular

yes it is saved to your mac. you can delete it but if needed in future you would have to download again or put it on a external pen/hdd.

You can find it by clicking finder, click go up the top of screen, hold down alt and another folder called library appears, in there is iTunes then software updates.

or /Users/username/Library/iTunes

3. OceanFrog thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply.

Apologies for being stupid here, but I can't find /Users/username/Library/iTunes ... there is no "library" folder in my username folder... just an iTunes folder. Is IOS6 in here? If so, where?

Thanks

4. OceanFrog thread starter macrumors regular

5. gc916 macrumors regular

gc916

Did you try "You can find it by clicking finder, click go up the top of screen, hold down alt and another folder called library appears, in there is iTunes then software updates" as in the post above?

That works for me.

6. OceanFrog thread starter macrumors regular

"click go up the top of screen" ... what does that mean??

7. gc916 macrumors regular

gc916

When you are in Finder, a menu bar will appear at the top of the Finder window. The items display are: Finder File Edit View Go Window Help

Click on Go, then hold down the alt (aka Option) key your keyboard, and Library will appear in the list. Click on Library. You should now see the list of folders and files in your library, including the iTunes folder.

8. OceanFrog thread starter macrumors regular