Downloading iphone Photos into Computer

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by warburg, Sep 27, 2011.

1. warburg macrumors 6502

If I send a photo taken with my iphone to my Yahoo Email address, how can I download it from Yahoo in my MacBook Pro so that I can later include it in a post uploaded to another web site :confused:

2. jasvncnt macrumors 6502

Little confused but you should be able to just download the attachment in your mail box to say your desk top. then use something like Imageshack to upload it. From there you can add it to a post

3. warburg thread starter macrumors 6502

That's the problem, the image appears when I open the Email in Yahoo Mail, but I don't know how to download it. It isn't an attachment.

4. jasvncnt, Sep 27, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2011

jasvncnt macrumors 6502

can you right click, or control + click on the pic and save as?

5. warburg thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks very much for the suggestion. Curiously, the problem seems to have solved itself. When I opened my Yahoo mail application today, the large pictures I had sent from my iphone had disappeared and files containing the pictures that I could download had taken their place. I have no idea how this happened. I must have done something right in my experimental clicking around, but I have no idea what that was. The only problem that I have now is that the pictures that appeared upright in the downloaded files appeared sideways on the site to which I uploaded them.

6. jasvncnt macrumors 6502

Hmmm thats weird. Well at least you worked it out. When you downloaded them to your computer and you open them, do they show the right way? What are you using to upload them

7. warburg thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, it is weird; I have no explanation for it, except that Yahoo is developing a new mail application, and I signed up for the beta version, so perhaps they are working out the kinks. I did make a complaint.

Yes, the photos showed when I opened the Email in which I sent them. Now, I find a file that I can download on to my desktop. I upload them to a web site using their interface. That's the easy part, except that some of my pictures exceed the kb limit that they allow.

8. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Wouldn't it be simpler, since you're at your computer at certain times, to connect the phone and use image capture or the windows equivalent? You can d/l the pictures to the folder of your choosing then upload from the computer. :confused:

9. warburg thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't have a digital camera. I didn't know that image capture works with an iphone.