Downloading Lion Outside US

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by iLikeMySelf, Aug 15, 2011.

1. iLikeMySelf macrumors member

Hello,

I want to buy Mac OS X Lion but I live outside US. My App Store account is in the US and when I try to link it with my PayPal account with the Address in Argentina it tells me that I need a Credit Card with an Address in the US. So when I change the region of my App Store account to Argentina, the option to use PayPal disappears... What can I do to be able to use it?
    If there is no way to use PayPal in Argentina, I still have the option to use my Visa but will the price be processed in US Dollars or in my county's currency? If it is in dollars I cannot buy it because of the government.

2. hwojtek macrumors 65816

hwojtek

Visa work in a way that all the transactions are converted to local currency.

3. borisiii macrumors 6502

I have a friend in Bolivia who set up an iTunes store account using the address of a hotel in New York as his billing address. I think so long as the address you supply is real (even if it isn't yours) it should allow the transaction. Worth a try, I guess - good luck!

4. marc11 macrumors 68000

Often your address given on your account for any online purchase is verified with the bank during the authorization and if the billing address does not match, even if the card is valid, your transaction will be denied. This doesn't always happen, but it is part of the fraud protection. I've had purchases online denied because I typed in the wrong postal code. Paypal also doesn't work across every country and for every currency either. I tried to set up a second bank in Japan for my account since I live in both the US and Japan and have banks in both places and I could not do it.

Why not just create an app store account to match your current address and credit card in your home country?

5. iLikeMySelf thread starter macrumors member

I have made another App Store account with my country but when I try to put my credit card, the option to choose Paypal as the credit card disappears. And even though I am in the Argentina App Store, the language is still in english and the price is still in Dollars so I am afraid it will be processed in dollars...

6. hwojtek, Aug 17, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2011

hwojtek macrumors 65816

hwojtek

When you buy in Argentina, does your card get charged with US dollars or with local currency?
    Visa ALWAYS exchanges the payment currency to the currency the card is running in. You pay in US dollars, Visa Intl converts the price to your local currency according to their exchange rates (look it up here: http://corporate.visa.com/pd/consumer_services/consumer_ex_rates.jsp), the local currency information is sent to your bank, the bank adds the commission (or it doesn't, some banks do, others do not), your credit card statement shows up in the mail and it is always in local currency.