Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brendu

Cancelled
Original poster
Apr 23, 2009
Hi, im an experienced mac user so im actually kind of embarrassed to be asking this but i never buy movies through iTunes so im not sure.

If i download a movie through itunes can i throw it onto a usb flash drive and then take it and play it on various other computers / xbox? or does it have DRM restrictions that force it to only play on the computer i download it onto?

frunkis54

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2009
Hi, im an experienced mac user so im actually kind of embarrassed to be asking this but i never buy movies through iTunes so im not sure.

If i download a movie through itunes can i throw it onto a usb flash drive and then take it and play it on various other computers / xbox? or does it have DRM restrictions that force it to only play on the computer i download it onto?

it's quite alright :). if you buy movies from itunes they are drm protected you can put them on flash drive but the only way to watch would be another computerand you would have to have the computer as 1 of your 5 for viewing.

brendu

Cancelled
Original poster
Apr 23, 2009
it's quite alright :). if you buy movies from itunes they are drm protected you can put them on flash drive but the only way to watch would be another computerand you would have to have the computer as 1 of your 5 for viewing.

yeah thats what i was worried about, thats why i wont download it through iTunes... im just gonna go out and buy the dvd.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.