Downloading movies/tv shows in Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by oxxi, Dec 9, 2008.

1. oxxi macrumors newbie

hello guys, i brought my first ever mac several days ago, and i was wondering if you could help me with an issue.
    when i was using PC, i use to download my favourite tv shows as severals parts of rapidshare files, then unzip them and watch them in media player.
    now i m using a mac, i still want to be able to do the same, am i going to be able to?
    can you guys tell me how can i use those rapid links in macbook?

Thanks so much in advance.

2. Jamnsam macrumors newbie

G'day, I am new to the Mac myself but has had success with the following.

I use "Vuze" to download tv shows and then "VLC" to view them. Macs standard player, quicktime, doesn't allow you to view divx files etc. To the best of my knowledge VLC plays them.

3. Trip.Tucker Guest

Yes it does, with the correct codec. Load Perian.

4. teaghk macrumors newbie

rapidshare

i got the same problem. I downloaded movie from rapidshare, I've got 9 parts now . I also downloaded perian but it did not help.I downloaded winzip for Mac as well,so I'm all set but without success :( how I'm gonna watch the movies? can u give me instructions? tks

5. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

try unrarx. .

6. teaghk macrumors newbie

i tried but no success,it tells me that there is error.

7. teaghk macrumors newbie

8. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

What did you use?