Downloading mp3's etc. from e-mails?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by hendrik84, May 7, 2014.

1. hendrik84 macrumors member

A big problem I have with my otherwise great iPad Air is I can't save/import the mp3's or video files I get sent to me through emails.

I can watch or listen but not store it on the iPad.

What gives? If this is not just a user error and it's not possible to do with some app, I'm not going for the iPhone as well.

Thank you!

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Search the app store for 'files' and start trying them out. There are tons.

I use Files Pro, but there are so many different apps you owe it to yourself to look at more than one before deciding.

3. hendrik84 thread starter macrumors member

4. Apple blogger macrumors 6502a

Well you can't download an mp3 directly to ur music app.. Although there are third party apps that let you download and save videos and music in their app itself, and then you can add it to ur iTunes library using app-to-iTunes transfer and then you can add it to your device..

The reason for this is because of the iTunes music and movie store.. It's all legal for apple when you use their device.. I think they might have an agreement with the record companies to not allow download music or movies directly into their device cause then their music wouldn't sell.. This agreement might be old when iphone was newly launched..
    That's the reason you can't share movies or songs via Bluetooth or AirDrop or anything with any other users unless you jailbreak..