Downloading music library to iphone.

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Shanghaichica, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Shanghaichica macrumors G4

Shanghaichica

I have an Apple Music subscription and have iCloud music library on. On my old iPhone X I transferred by own music library over from my MacBook and also used Apple Music. However when I set up my Xs max I wanted to transfer all my music from my mac to my iPhone but I cant get it to sync with iTunes as it keeps going on about iCloud music library. A lot of the songs I have in my own library I can’t get on Apple Music.

2. -Gonzo-, Oct 21, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2018

-Gonzo- macrumors 6502

-Gonzo-

If you have an Apple Music sub you can upload your music library to the cloud then you’ll have them available to download.
    That’s what I do anyway.

3. Shanghaichica thread starter macrumors G4

Shanghaichica

Thanks. A lot of my own stuff wasn’t matched on Apple Music so it wasn’t showing up on my new phone. In the end I turned off iCloud music library, copied all my music to the max via iTunes on my Mac and then re-enabled iCloud music library but left on the option to keep the music already stored on my phone.

I guess going forward when I get a new phone. I’ve got to turn off iCloud music library so I can transfer my music and then re-enable it.

4. -Gonzo- macrumors 6502

-Gonzo-

Yeah none of mine are matched either, rather than using up storage space on my iPhone I just have them stored in iCloud Music Library instead so can then download them as and when or just stream.

5. Shanghaichica thread starter macrumors G4

Shanghaichica

Many of them were grey out so I couldn’t even stream them or download them.

6. -Gonzo- macrumors 6502

-Gonzo-

7. Shanghaichica thread starter macrumors G4

Shanghaichica

I understand what you’re saying but for some reason not all of my tracks were uploaded and many of them I couldn’t access on my iPhone.

I think I need to turn on the setting on my mac to get them all uploaded?

I haven’t uploaded my library on my Mac so I think that’s why I couldn’t access the songs.