Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mbaatt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 25, 2016
Southpoint ohio
Ok is there a app or website I can download free music to my iphone and listen to it and special trick I don't have a computer to do it I k kw there's a trick and no garage band it never worked for me
Thanks

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
To my knowledge there are six types of legal offline music apps in the App Store:

'FREE':
1. 'free' with ads and sometimes other limitations or additional in-app purchases to get further functionality: Trebel Music, Current Rewards: Music Player, Audiomack, DatPiff, My Mixtapez Music, Jamendo Music (creative commons music only)
2. free: podcast apps where you can subscribe to music podcasts (not individual songs) e.g. Pocket Casts
3. free (with ads or pay once): your own music collection that you download from your cloud storage CloudBeats
------
PAID:
4. with a pay once option: - various podcast apps where you can subscribe to music podcasts (not individual songs) iCatcher (podcast only, 2.99 euro once), hearthis.at (mixes only, 2.99 euro once)
5. with a subscription (all the big names such as Spotify, Apple Music, Pandora which are mostly 9.99 euro a month or smartradio offline: 3.99 - 5.99 euro a month: Pandora, LivexLive, iHeart, SoundCloud Go, Mixcloud Select 2.99 euro a month only one artist offline)
6. included in another subscription: Amazon Prime Music (free limited database is available in some countries with Prime subscription), YouTube (Music), Apple Music (included with Apple One subscription)

Last edited:

mr_pelkey

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2021
Virginia
I would suggest getting Spotify or Apple Music.
You can plug your phone into itunes if you have it still and try and put music that you DL and sync it.
I had to do it with music I needed for class. I used youtube and a mp3 downloader to get the mp3's and then synced them to my phone via itunes. Same with my ipad.
Android has so many more open source programs and apk's for downloading music. Apple I found does not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.