Downloading Podcasts Directly from iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by LadyX, Mar 25, 2012.

1. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

I've downloaded a couple of podcasts from my iPad via the iTunes store. I've seen the podcasts move to downloads and watched the downloads go through their progress and after the podcasts have finished downloading, the episodes disappeared from the download list and I couldn't find them anywhere on my iPad. I've tried signing out and signing back in. I also tried googling and people who had the same problem were able to find their downloaded podcasts in Music -> More -> Genres -> Podcast, but not me. Where do podcasts usually get saved on an iPad?

2. GraphicsGeek macrumors 6502a

Audio podcasts are in the music app and video podcasts are in the videos app. This started with ios5 and is incredibly stupid and inefficient. Try using Downcast or InstaCast.

3. LadyX thread starter macrumors 68020

LadyX

Yes, I found them, and thanks for the suggestions, I'll make sure to check them out :D

4. Lockon macrumors regular

If you regularly listen to podcasts, look at buying an app called Downcast. All of your podcasts will be in one place.

5. Motoxmann macrumors member

I can second the Instacast recommendation. I've been using it my phone for the last year, and It's awesome

6. yegon macrumors 68020