Downloading previously uploaded music

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by alms, Nov 21, 2011.

1. alms macrumors member

If you delete a Matched or Purchased song from your local iTunes library, you can download it again later from iCloud. But what about Uploaded songs?

I just deleted some Uploaded songs from iTunes running on my Mac. When asked, I said that the songs should not be deleted from iCloud. I know that the songs are still available from iCloud, because I can access them from my iPhone. But I can't find any way to re-download them onto my Mac.

I was hoping that I could have my library basically live in iCloud, and only keep local copies on my Mac of the stuff I'm listening to a lot. But it looks like I won't be able to do this with the songs that are Uploaded.

Does anyone know different? Is there any way to re-download uploaded content?

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

You should just have the little download icon available, or right-click on them and select download. Make sure you have the iCloud Download column visible for the first method. I just tested this with one of my uploaded songs, and it worked perfectly.

jW

3. alms thread starter macrumors member

That's very strange. I have the iCloud Download column visible, but there is nothing in it.

How did you delete the songs from your library? Maybe that's the problem. I'm thinking that I might have decided ultimately to delete the files using the Finder instead of deleting them from within iTunes. Maybe that messed things up.

----------

Okay, I fixed it.

Since I couldn't download the music files, I decided to delete the songs from my library in iTunes. When I did that, the download icons appeared! So I'm all set. The problem was using the Finder to delete the files in the first place.

4. bushido Suspended

bushido