Downloading songs from pay site to Iphone 8

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Walter.Sobchak79, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Walter.Sobchak79 macrumors member

Hello.
    I am new to the IPhone. Have always had Android. I have a pay website that I use to purchase music. On Android I could simply download them right to my media player. When I try to download them on my IPhone, it just plays the song. I click the download option and only get the song playing. I have googled this and can't find how to get songs onto my iPhone properly and easily.
    Please help.

2. Sharkoneau macrumors 6502a

Sharkoneau

Is there any reason you wouldn’t use the iTunes store, since you’re comfortable purchasing songs (if you know of the iTunes Store)? That would be the easiest route, done natively on the device and is downloaded automatically to the Music app.

3. Walter.Sobchak79 thread starter macrumors member

What is the charge for a song on iTunes?
    The site I use is .20 cents per song.

4. Sharkoneau macrumors 6502a

Sharkoneau

Ahhh gotcha. The cost typically ranges from $0.49 to $1.29 per song there, Which is steep compared to your source.

5. Walter.Sobchak79 thread starter macrumors member

I am thinking I will have to take the micro sd out of my galaxy s5. Transfer those songs to my computer , import into ITunes. I haven’t used iTunes in a long time, not since I used my iPod last like 5 years ago.

6. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

You are correct.

Unfortunately, Apple is still stuck in 2001 when it come to syncing items to the iPhone. iTunes is still necessary to get downloaded music on to an iDevice.

There is iTunes Match, which will allow you to play any music you've purchased, but that purchased music needs to be in your iTunes library already.

7. Walter.Sobchak79 thread starter macrumors member

Cool. I think that would be my least frustrating way to do it. I can import an entire folder into iTunes right? Won't have to do a single song at a time.

8. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

Yep, you can do that.

9. Walter.Sobchak79 thread starter macrumors member

Cool, I did it. Wasn't too bad.
    Take about 45 minutes to get everything updated and changed over.

Thanks for the replies.