Downloading torrent for 2 days on mbp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by emir, Aug 23, 2010.

1. emir macrumors 6502a

emir

Hello everyone i have a 2010 base model 15 inch MBP and i am loving it. My question is, i am downloading a torrent from LimeWire and it says 1 day and 13 hours left on it. I use insomniax and turn the brigthness all the way down so screen shuts down and set fans to 3000rpm with SMC Fan control and close the lid and let it download.

I am planning to let it download like that for 2 days, 48 hours straight.

Would it give it any harm? I know 2010 MPB's don't vent through keyboards but this is heavy task, i don't want anything to happen to it. Just making sure.

Thanks for answers.

2. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

no problem, plenty of people use their MBPs in clamshell mode

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

What prevents you from keeping the lid open? uTorrent does not really use that much resources, that even in closed condition, the MBP shouldn't overheat. That's why there is the clamshell mode.

4. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

get transmission. It is much better than limewire for torrents. It uses hardly any resources

5. Silenthillnight macrumors member

If it's just torrent downloading, you don't have to worry at all. It shouldn't draw much cpu power at all. I'm not sure if Limewire is a resource hog though. Personally I use uTorrent and just let it go for days.

6. Skika macrumors 68030

I use mine for weeks in clamshell mode downloading.