Downloading TV shows?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mmjax, Jul 11, 2009.

1. mmjax macrumors newbie

Can anyone tell me if there are ways to download tv shows to your iphone? I tried the TV.com app, but it doesn't work most of the time. For example I can go to http://www.usanetwork.com on my PC and can watch the last few "Burn Notice" episodes that I missed. But I can't do that from my iPhone - safari just doesn't support it. I'm not looking for a way to illegally download movies or anything - I just want access to the same shows that are available on the TV networks websites.

Thanks...

2. Hmac macrumors 68020

You could download to iTunes and transfer to your iPhone or download direct to your iPhone. Of course, it will cost you $1.99 per episode...

3. chdwil macrumors regular

You could record the shows on a dvr, copy them to your computer or burn them to a DVD, then convert them to Mpeg4 on your computer using software available about anywhere. Then you can easily transfer them to Itunes and your iPhone.

4. sseelman macrumors regular

Unfortunately, this is the easiest way to do it today. It is also very expensive. In my opinion, there is no good app that allows you to stream a lareg variety of high-quality tv shows. i.TV sucks. TV.com is just ok with very limited content. The holy grail (again - in my opinion) is when Hulu or Netflix creates an app that allows direct and full access to all of their online content.

Another cool thing would be to somehow allow an iPhone to be hooked up to a cable box and to download content direct from there. Doubt that will ever happen, but who knows. I think Tivo may allow something like this, but am not sure. As the other poster suggests, there are other (what I would call) convoluted ways to transfer recorded content. But, you will tire of those very quickly, as the work/reward equation falls way to heavily on the work side.

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

look at

ovguide.com resource for most video's/tv shows online with programs like real player you can download them and then convert them to play on the iphone. it's a few step process but works. I can detail it if need be. of course I am only condoning it for legit use! ;)