downloading video - not just playing on internet

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by thouts, Apr 5, 2009.

1. thouts macrumors regular

thouts

Hey,

I'm trying to download the BK Burger Shots commercial so that I can take it into final cut or imovie and make some additions to it for fun. I can only find it on youtube (in awful quality) and on a site called Adland - that one is better quality, but it only plays embedded into the site. Is there anyway I can take this video from the site to my hard drive? Or does anyone know a good site that may have this video available for download?

Thanks!

2. Antkdj macrumors newbie

Antkdj

Re: downloading video - not just playing on internet

Theirs this one site I use to get videos offline ando onto my computer's Hard disk. Here it is: http://www.mediaconverter.org/
    It's a pretty good site to use for your issue. I think you get five downloads a day from one IP address but if your a member, you can get up to twenty and some more of the rules are lifted. Rules like only some many mb's can be convetred.
    Basically, you put in the web address of the video, tell the server what you want it to convert the video to and then after that, you just wait for it to convert (and it's show you with a progress bar) and it'll be ready to download.

Hope this helped you! :D

3. uberboe macrumors newbie

try downloading firefox and get the add-on flashgot or downloadhelper.

4. sw0160 macrumors newbie