Downloading Windows 7 Professional .iso file help

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by saojd10, Jul 18, 2010.

1. saojd10 macrumors newbie

I downloaded the student discounted Windows 7 Professional from digital river, when I purchased it, the files came as a .iso file or a .exe file. I tried to download the .iso file (because I know I have to use disk utility and burn it onto a dvd) but when I click to download the .iso file (from the Macbook Pro) it refuses to download and text edit opens up. I have searched everywhere on how to download the .iso file but all I can pull up is how to burn the .iso file onto a dvd. What should I do?

2. wesrk macrumors 6502a

If you have the address for the iso just download it with any download manager and that should do the trick.

Or, check out this thread. They have the links to each version and now you simply download the one you already bought, then make the iso bootable and either burn it or install via a bootable USB drive. Maybe all you need is the proper link to the proper iso and they have it.

I had to use those resources since a dvd I was counting on having mysteriously disappeared on me, so I downloaded the version I own but had no disc for, burned, and I already installed it and it works flawlessly.