Downloading Windows drivers in Boot Camp hangs

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by zen, Dec 30, 2011.

1. zen macrumors 68000

zen

I'm installing Windows 7 on an early 2008 iMac. Using Boot Camp assistant, it's now downloading windows drivers, but the progress bar hasn't moved from about 20% for the last hour or so.

There doesn't seem to be any other way of downloading the drivers - have I done something incorrect, or does the download just take hours and hours?

2. igucl macrumors 6502a

igucl

If I recall correctly, the drivers you need are already included in the Boot Camp package on the Mac OS X install disc. You shouldn't need to download anything initially.

The downloads would come later to update Windows after you have it set up.

3. zen thread starter macrumors 68000

zen

There is no install disc for Lion.

4. igucl macrumors 6502a

igucl

:eek: Oh yeah. Oops.

I used the Snow Leopard disc. I guess I'm not current with the new methods.

5. zen thread starter macrumors 68000

zen

I have a Snow Leopard disc somewhere - so, if I put that in when Windows/Boot Camp asks for the drivers, it might work? And even then, I can just update from within Windows anyway?

6. igucl macrumors 6502a

igucl

I believe that will work as long as your computer wasn't shipped after Snow Leopard.

----------

My MacBook is currently running Lion on the Mac partition, but it's running Windows 7 using the drivers from the Snow Leopard disc on the Windows partition.

So, I don't see why it wouldn't work.