Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Punani

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 16, 2004
Los Angeles
I wasn't sure where to put this, feel free to move it.

I've been trying to download the new release of Xcode 2 since it was released on Monday. Unfortunately, every single time I have attempted to download it, it halts at about 741 MB. It doesn't end, it just idles there forever.

Anyone else have this problem?

After about 10 attempts at downloading it, I'm about ready to give up.

macbaseball

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2005
Northern California
No, I was frustrated for a while because it wouldn't download, but after I got it going it was perfectly fine. I got it in one attempt. Are you on high speed or dial up?

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Punani said:
I wasn't sure where to put this, feel free to move it.

I've been trying to download the new release of Xcode 2 since it was released on Monday. Unfortunately, every single time I have attempted to download it, it halts at about 741 MB. It doesn't end, it just idles there forever.

Anyone else have this problem?

After about 10 attempts at downloading it, I'm about ready to give up.
Worked fine for me. Dumb question: you have the disk space available (including a few GB for virtual memory), right?

Punani

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 16, 2004
Los Angeles
Thanks all for replying.

I tried to get a straight connection to my DSL modem (Generally I use Wi-Fi) and the download went fine. Apparently the Linksys router gets something garbled at that point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.