Downloading YouTube video-"Get Tube"

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by M-B-P, Aug 1, 2010.

1. M-B-P macrumors regular

Hey, I am trying to get some songs only found on youtubes to my iphone using the application "get tube". However, when I find the video and click the download button the download status bar shows up and just stays there. My video isn't downloading. I have considered alternative programs, but I need a program that converts youtube videos directly to mp3 like Get Tube does.

Has anybody come across this issue before and has found a solution. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you're asking specifically about the iPhone, you'll probably get better response in the iPhone forum, since this forum is about Mac applications. On a Mac with Safari, you can open the Activity window and Option+double-click the video file to download it. You can also use file2hd.com to download/convert YouTube videos.

3. M-B-P thread starter macrumors regular

I'm not specifically asking about the iPhone, as I want to extract the audio and import it into itunes using a mac application, therefore posting it in the "Mac Applications" sections.

I have a program, "MacTubes" that works well for downloading videos from youtube. And I do know that I can convert the mp4 or flv to a mp3 or use a website such as file2hd, but I want to resolve that issue with "GetTube". I have googled it and found out that others have been having a similar issues, but no resolution. That is why I was 1. Looking for someone who has the same issue and has resolved it. 2. Looking for someone that CAN successfully download youtube videos using "GetTube" (verifying that the issue is not necessarily with the program. 3. An alternative for an Application that can directly convert youtube videos to mp3.

4. M-B-P thread starter macrumors regular

Anyone.....

Anyone at all have any idea. I have tried installing GetTube on a friends MBP to check if it was something with my mac, but it had the same issue. Anyone successful at downloading videos from GetTube?

5. Tulipone macrumors 6502

6. M-B-P thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks a lot, it does exactly what I wanted it to do (youtube->mp3 directly) :)

7. kwood72 macrumors newbie

I just downloaded iTubeX thanks to you, and it works like a charm.