Downloads Folder Question...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by expergo, Feb 12, 2008.

1. expergo macrumors regular

When I used to click on the downloads stack, then "Open in Finder" it would open it and organize my files as "date added."

I changed the option by accident and there no option to change it back to "date added". I trashed the Finder Pref and still nothing.

Does anyone know how to get back that view option?

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

you can set your downloads stack to sort by date added by right clicking on it and choosing "Date Added" (assuming you update to 10.5.2).

you cant directly sort your downloads folder by date added but you can add "Date Modified" or "Date Created" in Show View Options. then click on the title of the column to sort the whole folder .

3. expergo thread starter macrumors regular

I have the actual folder on the dock set to "date added". But when I open it in Finder, it won't show that way anymore. There's no option for "View Options" for "Date Added". Date Modified and Date Created aren't the same thing.

4. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

yes i know you cant add a "Date Added" column in a Finder window. only stacks can be sorted by date added.

5. expergo thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah..hmm, I figured there would be a way to show it that way since originally, it did show it that way in finder.