Downloads folder trouble!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by And5678, Apr 11, 2010.

1. And5678 macrumors newbie

Okay so I was downloading my senior pictures from the photographers website when suddenly I don't know what I did but the downloads folder disappeared from my dock! I got it back (I think...there is this little blue folder that says "downloads") But now when I download an image it won't go into that little fodler on the dock. The little box pops up like it used to to show the progress of the download but it doesn't show the tiny loading bar in the little folder in the dock and when it is finished downloading it does not appear in the folder in the dock! I really really need it back to the way it was! Please help!

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Right-click on the folder in your Dock -> Display as -> Stack

3. Gregg2 macrumors 603

There might be more to it than that. Completed downloads are not showing up, from what I gather.

What happens when you search for the just-completed download by name using Spotlight?

Perhaps it's going to another folder, even another Account, if you have more than one.

4. forcefieldkid macrumors 6502

Maybe I'm being too harsh, but has the OP deleted the downloads folder by mistake, made a completely new folder, named it downloads, and dragged it to the dock?

5. AFPoster macrumors 65816

In Safari which is what I am guessing you are using to browse the net go to your Preferences and under the download section make sure the downloads go to that folder.