Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jigzaw

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2012
I just bought this yesterday. I asked a Best Buy employee if there was any reason this one is half the price of the others that look identical except for the blue trim.. and the guy said "No difference, it's just a special edition for the holidays.".. So take that for what it's worth.

Seems to charge my iPhone X fine so far. I haven't used it very much but the charging indicator is showing up on my phone. One thing I'm a little confused about is I thought the LED color for "charging" was green and for "finished" is blue, but I've only gotten a continuous blue light while charging the phone. Anyone have any insight on that?

ducatiti

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2011
Will this be capable of fast charging our phones? I have read another thread that states only the Mophie and Belkin chargers sold at the Apple Store will be capable of fast charging.

Myzhi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2009
I just bought this yesterday. I asked a Best Buy employee if there was any reason this one is half the price of the others that look identical except for the blue trim.. and the guy said "No difference, it's just a special edition for the holidays.".. So take that for what it's worth.

Seems to charge my iPhone X fine so far. I haven't used it very much but the charging indicator is showing up on my phone. One thing I'm a little confused about is I thought the LED color for "charging" was green and for "finished" is blue, but I've only gotten a continuous blue light while charging the phone. Anyone have any insight on that?
With my Galaxy S7, I get Green for fast charging. I can only get Blue, which means normal charging, with the iPhone X.

Reactions: jigzaw

EdisEdward

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2013
i got this charger today. my 8+ has been sitting on 98% for 45 minutes and has not hit 99%. it probably does trickle charge after 80% or something, but it is ridiculously slow. i'm getting a blue light indicator too, i dont see a green light. im on ios 11.2

irod87

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
Thanks for all the responses. I have a 25 dollar certificate so I may give it a try.

jigzaw

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2012
With my Galaxy S7, I get Green for fast charging. I can only get Blue, which means normal charging, with the iPhone X.
Thanks for this info. I've done the OS update on my iPhone and am still getting the blue light, which tells me that perhaps Apple is keeping the fast charge function exclusive to "authorized" chargers like the mophie.

Reactions: Wackery

furbzv1

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2014
i bought 3 of them using the Best Buy - buy 3 save 25% offer last week and it charges my iPhone X fee but i've never seen a Green light. It's always blue. I've been running the 11.2 betas.

radioking

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012
Has anybody else had a problem with these? I bought two, and neither would stay connected to my X with no case. It would charge for 5-10 minutes, then the light would blink and it would stop charging.

Last edited:

Zimmy68

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2008
I have the one with the stand.
I believe they are all the same device.
From what I read, the light only changes for Samsung devices.
It is 7.5 rated so it will wirelessly fast charge iPhones on 11.2

jigzaw

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2012
Has anybody else had a problem with these? I bought two, and neither would stay connected to my X with no case. It would charge for 5-10 minutes, then the light would blink and it would stop charging.
I haven't had this problem with the one I bought a couple days ago. Seems to be charging steadily. Blue light continuously on while it's charging.

michael31986

macrumors 601
Jul 11, 2008
I have the one with the stand.
I believe they are all the same device.
From what I read, the light only changes for Samsung devices.
It is 7.5 rated so it will wirelessly fast charge iPhones on 11.2
Seems apple will not allow Samsung chargers fast charger.

jlczl

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2015
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-fast-charge-wireless-charger-blue/6089602.p?skuId=6089602

I noticed this charger is lower priced than all the other Samsung chargers Best Buy sells and some of the other wireless chargers. Am I missing something that makes this a bad buy?

It’s the lowest priced because it’s the first generation of fast wireless chargers by Samsung. Subsequent generation 2 and 3 are rated faster. I’ve had them all for my Samsung phones. Don’t think that matters for our X though since Apple is limiting the fast charging to only those certified for the X.

Reactions: AppleDior31
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.