Downsize iPhone screen size?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by guacamolecannoli, Sep 25, 2017.

1. guacamolecannoli macrumors newbie

Currently have an iPhone 6 Plus, and now I’m considering getting an iPhone 8 (4.7 inch). Has anyone stepped down in screen size from the larger iPhone? What are your impressions after doing so? Do you ever regret downsizing?

I have always felt that the 6 Plus is just a little bit too big for me, I have trouble fitting it in my pockets, etc. iPhone 8 seems like a more manageable size...

2. BMox macrumors 6502a

I went from the 6 Plus to the 7 and was very happy with my choice. Towards the end of my two year stint with the Plus, I was definitely feeling the strain in my hands which prompted my decision to go with the 4.7”.

I guess the loss of the extra battery was something to deal with, but I’ve changed my habits where it’s less of an issue and now there will be wireless/fast charging on the horizon, it will be even less of one.

3. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

My gf thinks 5.5 is too small

4.7 would be a dealbreaker for her

4. asuandy macrumors regular

asuandy

I’m stepping down from a 7 Plus to an 8. I had the 6 Plus and 6s Plus. I’m ready for a change in size and form factor. I miss one-handed operation, fits in your pocket better, etc. I’m sure I’ll miss the dual cameras, though.

5. HeyKatie macrumors 6502

I went from the LG G4 (5.5) the iPhone SE and I don't regret it at all, although I do miss the bigger screen size I love being able to use my phone with one hand again, I might go for the 6s come August when my contract is up though.