Downsizing my setup

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by yongren, Mar 6, 2012.

1. yongren macrumors regular

Hi all,

I've been using my MacBook Air 11" for about 7 months, and for the whole time, I've been keeping a pretty full setup at my desk—HD monitor, Apple Bluetooth keyboard & trackpad, TwelveSouth BookArc, several external devices, etc... the works.

But I've realized that I'm usually too busy to bother plugging in the monitor and using all the fancy stuff when I get home, so I decided to downsize & get some extra cash. (The life of a poor college student :p )

I actually just resold my monitor on Amazon for almost the full original price, which means now it's time to think about how to unload the other stuff.

My question is, do you guys think it's a good idea to try to list the Apple stuff (Keyboard, trackpad, and AA battery charger) as one item on, say, eBay? I figure there will be plenty of people looking for all of these things, so listing them together could save the other person some trouble and save me some shipping costs.

What websites other than eBay and Craigslist would you guys recommend that would allow me to make group listings like that?

The items are all in near-perfect condition. The batteries in particular have not even been used. (I ordered them shortly before making the decision to sell all the stuff, and by the time they arrived I didn't need them anymore.)

2. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

You could use the market place here too if you have enough posts.....

3. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

I'd try to sell the items separately, especially if youre going the ebay route. You're bound to get more for them that way. List them as a package on craigslist if you have to though.

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Unfortunately the OP doesn't qualify.

B

5. yongren, Mar 6, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2012

yongren thread starter macrumors regular

Unfortunately I'm only halfway there, despite being a member for over a year... The post count requirement is rather stiff if you ask me. I guess I'm just not that active on these forums, haha.

Although I will confess to secretly hoping someone would see this and PM me... heheh...

If I end up selling them separately, I'll probably stick with Amazon... it's been much more seller-friendly in my experience.