Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Does anyone have experience with Doxie Go Scanner and using it with the iPad? I am on the hunt for a portable scanner that will work with the iPad with the least amount of fussing. I've searched and searched and the only one I could find that works directly is the Ion Air Copy. It was a neat little scanner that had all the right ideas and would have been perfect it worked all the time the way it should have. I tried 2 of them as I was hoping the first problem one was a fluke but the 2nd one was just as bad.

So I'm back looking again. I prefer one that can directly work with the iPad and the Doxie Go supposedly does with an additional Eyefi card that works with wifi or creates it's own wifi. Then it also says that it has an SD slot and I guess I could try that as well and would just need to get an SD card reader for the iPad.

Just wondering if anyone has had experience with the Doxie Go Scanner before I move forward and buy another one that really doesn't work well.

Thanks in advance for any replies about the Doxie Go or for any other portable scanner recommendations.

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
Didn't get the greatest reviews on Amazon. Try the portable Brother one. I can't remember the exact model number, but it's a tad bit bulkier than the really thin one. Works great. I've also heard great things about Fujitsu Scanscap scanners.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Didn't get the greatest reviews on Amazon. Try the portable Brother one. I can't remember the exact model number, but it's a tad bit bulkier than the really thin one. Works great. I've also heard great things about Fujitsu Scanscap scanners.

Thanks - I'll check out the Brother scanner. The Fujitsu scanners have great reviews but they are made to hook up with computers and not directly with the iPad or iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.